[luatex] Detecting script

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 16 23:34:09 CEST 2016

On 6/16/2016 10:32 PM, Javier Bezos wrote:

>>> It works at the node level and apparently it doesn't work at the
>>> outer horizontal mode, only hboxes. I want something at the token
>>> level.
>>
>> it helps to read the manual -)
>>
>> pre_linebreak_filter
>
> And also to read the original post :-). As I said, I think
> pre_linebreak_filter is too late (I made some tests with it
> before posting my question). Like hpack_filter it works at
> the node level and I don't see how to inject TeX code.

it all depends on what you want to do .. change a font of a glyph? that
can be done in these two callbacks as fonts still needs to be processed
then (of course one can also inject glues and kerns and penalties etc)

injecting tokens into the input can be done by intercepting the input
(file level) but that can interfere with macros and expansion (of course
that is also true for intercepting tokens)

the new token handler can be used to implement macros but is no longer a
callback so using that for injecting tex code is not different from
injecting tex code using macros (so forget about the old token library
approach as that functionality is gone)