[luatex] upcoming release

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 6 17:44:46 CEST 2015

On 10/6/2015 5:26 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

> so either we need to update the format as you suggested with a \let
> aliasing the old name, or we need to start a round of contacting authors
> and getting updates in place for the transition.
>
> Either is possible but before deciding which, it might be good to know
> how long we have:-)

probably the \let approach is best in a distributed dev environment like
yours (as it gives authors some time to adapt)

i assume that a macro package gets updated before a new luatex shows up
(i'm not not sure what the policy is with latex, but most users will
probably stick to tex live updates so that gives you some time)