[luatex] upcoming release

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:26:52 CEST 2015

On 6 October 2015 at 15:55, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of these days we're going to release 0.80.1 and in addition to some

Hans,
thanks for the heads up, can you give an indication of whether that's
"one day this week" or "one day before the end of the year" or ...

Mostly the changes were already flagged as likely in the existing manual
or in conversations so no real surprises but would be good to know how
long we have to plan the transition.

I just did a quick grep of my local tree for \pdfpagewidth and something
in the order of 50 contributed packages use it
(not sure how many are usable with lualatex, but most, probably)

so either we need to update the format as you suggested with a \let
aliasing the old name, or we need to start a round of contacting authors
and getting updates in place for the transition.

Either is possible but before deciding which, it might be good to know
how long we have:-)

David