[luatex] immediateobj() not allowed in DVI mode

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Nov 22 15:58:46 CET 2015

Hi all,

with my software and the newest LuaTeX, I get the following error:

\catcode`\{=1
\catcode`\}=2
\pdfoutput1
\directlua{require("publisher.spinit")}
\end

(and of course lot's of code following in the required file which gets executed):

! error  (pdf backend): immediateobj() not allowed in DVI mode (outputmode = 0).
l.4 \directlua{require("publisher.spinit")}

No pages of output.

but of course I've switched into pdf output mode in line three (and in some other part of my code: tex.pdfoutput=1)

Before digging further into the code: has anybody got an idea, why LuaTeX thinks that I am in DVI mode?

Thanks

   Patrick