[luatex] problem with luaotfload and luatex-ja

Philipp Gesang philipp.gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 17 20:12:01 CEST 2014

Hi Rembrandt,

first off, please always include at least the output of
luaotfload-tool -V in reports to bugs related to Luaotfload.

···<date: 2014-07-17, Thursday>···<from: Rembrandt Wolpert>···

> luaotfload | db : Reload initiated (formats: otf,ttf,ttc,dfont); reason:
> "File not found: Ryumin-Light.".
>
> And that takes (obviously) some time. Any way to deal with this?

As to the long duration of the index reload, Luaotfload now
supports suppressing the reloads via config file options. Save
this:

    [db]
        update-live = true

to a file luaotfload.conf either in the working directory or one
of the other locations specified in the man page
luaotfload.conf(5). After that, running a TeX job won’t
accidentally trigger a database update any longer.

>                                                                  (I
> tried luaotfload-tool -u -f -vvv, to no avail. And I do not have
> Ryumin-Light on my machine  (OSX 10.8.5) and don't know where to get it
> legally. Also, luatexja hasn't changed.)

I have never encountered that font either. Something is trying to
load it though, but it definitely isn’t Luaotfload. Maybe another
package tries to pull it in? Hard to say without an MWE.

Best regards,
Philipp