[luatex] mkluatexfontdb devours memory

Ismo Toijala ismo.toijala at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:01:55 CEST 2013

>> I also run Arch Linux and ran into this problem when testing svn
>> versions of LuaTeX. Are you sure that you copied the binary into
>> /usr/bin?
>

> no, it is at
>
> /home/texlive2013/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex
>
> where all other binaries are. This works fine for the old luatex, also the
> PATH is set to this place.

You're right, I realized after posting that you are not using the Arch packages.

My setup is very similar, except my TeXLive is in ~/.texlive/2013

> Well, I just replaced the working luatex binary by the one I built. If it
> worked for the the old one, it should be fine for the new one, too, no?

I just tested this myself and ran into exactly the same problem.
I compiled LuaTeX from the newest svn sources and copied it to bin/x86_64-linux.

> It's called texmf.cnf here, but I guess that was a typo. What exactly should
> I adapt here?

Yes, a typo.

I tried changing TEXMFROOT to an absolute path. It still doesnt't work.

If I don't copy the binary to the right place, it complains that it
cannot find temf.cnf. This means that the file is found when the
binary in in the right place.

Ismo