[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri May 10 18:03:35 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 10 May 2013 09:13:59 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

>> I will subscribe to this list (yet another) and will try my best to hold 
>> back pre-release stuff in the future.
> On lualatex.devel Philipp Gesang just mentioned that probably the
> binary is simply to old for all the changes:

I made some tests this afternoon. I pulled from the various github
sites lualibs, luatexbase, luaotfload, fontspec. After blacklisting
some fonts I could create a fontname database with texlua

But using the fonts failed: At first luaoftload-database use load()
where older lua-versions need loadstring(). And if I correct this
problem I get messages about "invalid field id 9". 

On the whole I would say that the current state of luaotfload & co
is unsuitable for the miktex binary. So miktex should either update
the binary or revert to some older version of all this packages. 

Ulrike Fischer 

More information about the luatex mailing list