[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:57:09 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Evan Cooch wrote:

> On 5/9/2013 7:21 AM, Evan Cooch wrote:
>
>> So, I waited until this morning to try updating my MikTeX 2.9 system (one of
>> them, at least). Various updates dated May 8 (couple of days after I'd
>> reported some problems, which were purpotedly related to corrupt lualibs).
>
> Reverted to versions before todays 'updates' -  everything works fine.
>
> Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but this does seem to be hapenning
> with some frequency, at least recently.

Updates are coordinated with TeX Live team (and W32TeX follows TeX
Live), but they aren't coordinated with Christian Schenk (which I
believe they should). Particularly for the latest luatex & babel
updates (as well as hyph-utf8).

After LuaTeX update in TeX Live, many scripts and packages had to be
adapted to get compliant with lua 5.2. TeX Live is frozen, but without
close coordination the author of MikTeX probably doesn't know what
exactly is going on has to fight with all the problems on his own
which is suboptimal.

Mojca