[luatex] Request for Callback

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Jun 28 09:25:08 CEST 2013

Dear Hans,

Sorry for my other answer, I didn't spot this mail!

> maybe gregorian can do with a real simple linebreak function written in
> lua, not hampered by hz, protrusion, hyphenation, etc (such a fucntion
> can then be enabled selectively)

That's what I'm thinking about yes, only local(left/right)box and
spacings are enough, no hz, protrusion, hyphenation, etc.

> btw 1, i do have the current algorithm in lua (already for a few years)
> and in the process came up with a more efficient and clean hz
> implementation (which currently gets investigated / implemented in the
> backend, but with a low priority) ...

Great!

> so at some point a context will
> provide a more tunable parbuilder in lua (i considered useful at all)

Can the current state be found somewhere?

> btw 2, for complex arabic context provides an optimizer that runs on top
> of the standard parbuilder ... using some extra font juggling ... pretty
> slow btw

In which ConTeXt file does it lie? I have to say speed is what I'm a bit
affraid of... Most gregorian chant books are less than 20 pages long,
but some edit 800 pages score books... But well, gregorian chant scores
*are* complex,they'll certainly understand!

Thank you,
--
Elie