[luatex] luaotfload problems on windows (TL + Miktex)

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 11 11:53:33 CEST 2013

···<Datum: Thursday, 11. July 2013>···<Von: Ulrike Fischer>···

> Am Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:56:40 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:
>

> > Missing files; thanks for reporting. Can you please check this
> > new release instead:
> >
> >   https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/releases/v2.3a
> >
> > There’s a tds zip as well.
>
> I tested the tds with miktex. I deleted the font cache and the
> font-age.lua before the tests. Everythings seems to be fine with
> this version:
>
> - font database is created without problem during the compilation
> (and is at the expected place).
> - the cache for a single font is created.
> - luaotfload now loads: loading the Adobe glyph list
> - no suspicious " Could not write lookup cache" in the log or
> terminal output.
>

> And while I was at it I also added a test for a font in a texmf with
> parentheses and spaces and it worked fine:
>
> G:/texmf (space)/fonts/truetype/sil/doulossil-r.ttf

Glad to see it working.

While you’re at it, would you be willing to help me out a bit?
I’ve added a somewhat experimental self-test that you can run
like so:

  luaotfload-tool --diagnose=files,permissions

Could you check if this works on your windows machine and paste
the output somewhere? I’m genuinely curious whether the
permissions tests yield meaningful results on win as they are
described only briefly in the Luatex manual. That’d be really
helpful!

Thanks,
Philipp