[luatex] Luatex 0.74.0 announcement

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:46:37 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
>> Am 24.12.2012 15:13, schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>>
>>> I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.74.0.
>>
>> will it be available on metatex.org?
>
> I can do it easily - all binaries apart from powerpc-linux and
> sparc-solaris are ready, but I need a green light first. The version
> of ConTeXt in TeX Live 2012 doesn't work with 0.74.0 without some
> modifications and there might be a couple of other scripts that might
> need a fix. I didn't follow the status of those scripts. For ConTeXt
> we either need some testing to figure out which modifications are
> needed (part of the blame for not testing that yet is on me) or Hans
> needs to release a new "current/stable" version.

Of course I can also upgrade all the binaries to the latest version in
full awareness that this will break ConTeXt (and possibly some other
scripts) if that's what users want. But if anyone would really like to
test the binary without compiling it and before it makes it to
tlcontrib, you can get it from
http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/.

Mojca