[luatex] Outdated Website

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Thu Dec 5 23:01:44 CET 2013

Hello Everyone,

this great project would deserve more frequent updates of the
website/roadmap...

Now there is 0.77 out, but on this page we can still read:
http://www.luatex.org/roadmap.html

* Our current estimate is that we will provide version 1.0 in 2012 around
TeX's 32th birthday

But e.g. here it is stated
http://www.luatex.org/svn/trunk/manual/luatexref-t.pdf:
Currently we expect the 1.0 release to happen in spring 2014

But more important for me is the fulfillment of original objectives.
However, their statuses seem to be outdated. I would be grateful for any
update mainly in this area.

And this is from the Welcome page:
The latest stable release is 0.60 (April 2010) and we regularly post betas
(the 0.65 beta is also quite useable).

Generally, there is just several pages on this website and not much of text
so I wouldn't expect big difficulties with the maintenance...

Thanks, Jan

Btw, I also suggest slightly enhanced wording in the Welcome page - from
user benefit perspective:
Instead of 'LuaTeX is an extended version of pdfTeX using Lua as an embedded
scripting language' with history and technical data to mention rather:
LuaTeX is unique command line PDF converter offering high quality
typographic outputs comparable with Adobe InDesign, but with no costs. While
it takes only raw TeX82 format as an input, when bundled with ConTeXt, TeX
macropackage, higher level of abstraction can be utilized in your source
documents. It supports Unicode, OpenType fonts, RTL and bi-di writing
directions, inserting PDF or SVG files to mention a few...