[luatex] updates to various lua* packages breaks..something.

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 02:27:19 CEST 2013

> Yes there is no problem in using the fonts. There are all found in
> the end. The only problem is the time delay due to the database
> updates.

But, since the time delay can be significant (depending on how many
fonts you're working with), this is somewhat more than a nuisance.
Further, there is clearly a 'bug' - perhaps not fatal, but one that
suggests that something needs a fix.

Commenting out

fonts.define.resolvers.file = fonts.define.resolvers.name

from luaotfload.lua seems to work, but

1\ what exactly does commenting this line out prevent? (Just for my edification)

2\ is this something that is going to be fixed in a more permanent way?

While I'm not entirely uncomfortable with the 'so long as it works' approach to fixes, I'm even more comfortable with a real fix. I'm holding off updating all my other systems until such time.

Note: the preceding isn't intended as a complaint of any sort.