[luatex] updates to various lua* packages breaks..something.

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 02:09:30 CEST 2013

Following from Ulrike Fisher, demigod status on various (La)TeX lists. I 
use the criterion that if it happens to Ulrike, its a real problem. ;-)

Am Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:49:14 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

> How do you use luaotfload? Plain or Latex? With fontspec? Could
> you please post a minimal example that triggers the error with
> fonts that are on CTAN? Thank you.

I made a local update of luaotfload and luaotfbase in my miktex 2.9.
I used the files packaged by miktex (in miktex/tm) and did not check
if they are identical to the version in the normal CTAN locations.

Package: luaotfload 2012/05/28 v1.27 OpenType layout system

Package: luatexbase 2013/04/13 v0.5 Module utilities for LuaTeX

I can confirm the problem: luaotfload is constantly recreating the
font name database:

luaotfload | Updating the font names database:
luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF and OS fonts...

A minimal example that triggers the problem on my system is



Lorem  $a$

The important part is the $a$: Without some math in the document
everything is fine. It doesn't matter if I use the [no-math] option
or not.

The luatex version in miktex is
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2012060719 (MiKTeX 2.9).

-- Ulrike Fischer http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/attachments/20130424/8d61135a/attachment.html>

More information about the luatex mailing list