[luatex] [lltx] luaotfload maintenance

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Jun 15 08:48:26 CEST 2012

[Khaled's message was sent to the LuaLaTeX devel list; I forward it here
because it may be of interest to everybody.]

Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> a écrit:

> After so many not so successful attempts to sync luaotfload with ConTeXt
> font code, I gave up. It is simply to much effort for little (personal)
> gain. I was mainly worried about having two incompatible OpenType
> implementations, but I'd rather not have my fonts working with LuaLaTeX
> at all, than spending all that time an effort.
>
> Any way, the code was just accumulating bugs and no one is working on
> it, so, unless someone stands up to maintain that code, I'm going to
> declare it unmaintained and essentially an abandonware.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

Too bad if it comes to that. But anyway many, many thanks for what you
did, Khaled; it definitely made LuaTeX real for a lot of people.

Hopefully someday someone will come up with a new implementation; it
will be hard to match luaotfload, though!

Best,
Paul