[luatex] Package luamplib

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jul 20 02:15:22 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-19 at 21:48:24 +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

 > we're told that U12.10 will ship with tl2012, but fedora's
 > tempting.  (unfortunately i don't trust my creaking old brain to
 > look after a system that's no longer supported by the department --
 > it's centos or ubuntu here or you're on your own.  centos has
 > frozen a similarly ancient version of tl.)

I'm using CentOS at work.  AFAIR they switched from teTeX to TL-2007
last year (CentOs 6).  Though this TL version is ancient indeed, I had
the impression that the rest of the distribution is more up-to-date.
Don't know why they decided to provide such a fossil.

On the other hand I think that an enterprise grade Linux distribution
deserves an enterprise grade TeX Live installation.

Nothing easier than that.  I installed TeX Live on the server and my
colleagues can use it directly without the need to install or update
anything.  Unix users have to mount it via NFS and add the bin
directory to PATH, Windows users have to associate \\server\tex , for
example, with a drive letter, and click w32-client.bat .  That's all.

The nice thing is that I can add custom macro packages, Perl or Lua
scripts, the company logo, etc. without the need to tell my colleagues
how to install them.  Everything I put on the server is available
instantaneously.  ...unless I forget to run texhash, of course.

I suppose that unfortunately most people aren't aware of this
possibility.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25