[luatex] parshape

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Mon Feb 27 12:05:45 CET 2012

Hi,

I don't have a test file that is usable, but here is part of my routine, that works fine:

function do_linebreak( nodelist,hsize,parameters )
  parameters = parameters or {}

  local pdfignoreddimen
  pdfignoreddimen    = -65536000

  local default_parameters = {
    hsize = hsize,
    emergencystretch = 0.1 * hsize,
    hyphenpenalty = 0,
    linepenalty = 10,
    pretolerance = 0,
    tolerance = 2000,
    doublehyphendemerits = 1000,
    pdfeachlineheight = pdfignoreddimen,
    pdfeachlinedepth  = pdfignoreddimen,
    pdflastlinedepth  = pdfignoreddimen,
    pdfignoreddimen   = pdfignoreddimen,
    parshape = { {0,40*2^16},{0,hsize} }
  }
  setmetatable(parameters,{__index=default_parameters})
  local j = tex.linebreak(nodelist,parameters)

end

so parshape = {  {}, {}, {} } is the pattern, where {} contains i_n,l_n.

Patrick