[luatex] \font primitive does not read otf file

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Mon Dec 3 13:08:32 CET 2012

Selon Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:

> Philipp Gesang <philipp.gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>
> > Hey Petr,
> >
> > ···<date: 2012-12-02, Sunday>···<from: Petr Olsak>···
> >
> > >                                  The solution which loads some sty
> > > file and starts loading 18 another .sty files (!!) to solve one
> > > SIMPLE problem is not compatible with plainTeX philosophy.
>
> but of course.  but then, luatex isn't exactly compatible with the
> plaintex philosophy, what with plain's weird mangling of ascii and all.

I'm not sure what you refer to with the mangling of ASCII, but anyway if plain
TeX philosophy is -- at least that's how I see it -- ``power to the user'' (so
s/he can feel hairy on the chest), I think no engine is better fitted than
LuaTeX to fulfill that program.

But then, I'm both a do-it-yourself fundamentalist and LuaTeX fanatic :)

Best,
Paul