[luatex] bug: double quotes are not printed

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 12 12:52:28 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-12 at 08:26:29 +0200, Paul Isambert wrote:

 > Le 12/06/2011 03:01, Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
 > > On 2011-06-11 at 17:14:36 +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
 > >
 > >   >  Editors set often \scrollmode or --scrollmode as default
 > >   >  (texniccenter certainly, emacs as far as I know too). At my
 > >   >  opinion this is pity. It makes compilation easier when the
 > >   >  errors are temporary (e.g. due to outdated aux-files) but it
 > >   >  leads also quite a lot people to ignore errors as long as a
 > >   >  pdf is generated.
 > >
 > > Yes, but Emacs (actually AucTeX) reads the log file for you.  If
 > > an error occurs, you can jump to the place where it's detected
 > > and you get a detailed error message.  Emacs even provides more
 > > comprehensible error messages than LaTeX itself.
 > >
 > > I never used TeXnicCenter myself but I've seen many people using
 > > it.  Sorry, but I have the impression that they are using it
 > > *because* they don't want to see error messages.
 >
 > It's quite hard not to see them, they scroll at the bottom of the
 > editor with colorful flags, and you can jump from error to warning
 > to overfull box. As far as I'm concerned, it's actually the one
 > thing that I really missed when I switched to Vim (then I got used
 > to the command line).

They usually decrease the size of this window so that they never see
the whole error message.  They are only interested in the colorful
icons.  Maybe it has a little bit to do with the fact that if you
enlarge this window you have decrease the editor window.  IMO it's
much better solved in TeXworks.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25