[luatex] setupbackend in lualatex?

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Jul 20 11:22:15 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:57:08 -0700 schrieb Johannes Wilm:

> Hey,
> I have had issues with converting latex to epub/html/mobipocket for years. I
> started using lualatex some months ago and it works quite well for all my
> other purposes.
>
> Today I then stumbled over the \setupbackend which is available in Context
> and which allows for HTML/epub to be produced easily by using some lua code.
> Now as I understand it, given that lualatex uses the same binary and hat the
> conversion likely happens by first letting the binary read the entire DOM
> and then exporting it, it seems that the same scripts really should work for
> lualatex as well, right?

Theoretically: yes.

> It's just the definition of \setupbackend that is
> missing, right?

You will need not only the definition of \setupbackend but also
quite a lot of internal context definitions used by \setupbackend.

> Does anyone know if that is available from somewhere?

In a current context installation. The easiest is to install the
minimals. http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals

The definition of the command itself is in
\tex\context\base\back-ini.mkiv but you will probably need to study
the other back-*-files too (and quite a lot of core context files).

--
Ulrike Fischer