[luatex] setupbackend in lualatex?

Johannes Wilm johanneswilm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:57:08 CEST 2011

Hey,
I have had issues with converting latex to epub/html/mobipocket for years. I
started using lualatex some months ago and it works quite well for all my
other purposes.

Today I then stumbled over the \setupbackend which is available in Context
and which allows for HTML/epub to be produced easily by using some lua code.
Now as I understand it, given that lualatex uses the same binary and hat the
conversion likely happens by first letting the binary read the entire DOM
and then exporting it, it seems that the same scripts really should work for
lualatex as well, right? It's just the definition of \setupbackend that is
missing, right? Does anyone know if that is available from somewhere?

http://randomdeterminism.wordpress.com/2011/05/29/html-export/

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/epub#Mtxrun

A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org