[luatex] Hyphenation in plain TeX

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Oct 8 10:00:10 CEST 2010

  Le 08/10/2010 09:47, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 09:31, Paul Isambert wrote:
>> In TeXLive at least, comparing the files \input in luatex.ini and pdftex.ini
>> doesn't reveal any difference with respect to that. Actually LuaTeX loads
>> etex.src and plain.tex, like pdfTeX, and differences elsewhere seem
>> immaterial. I can't find any LuaTeX-specific version of plain.
> There is a modified version of etex.src and hyphen.cfg in
> tex/luatex/hyph-utf8. (But I won't pretend that I understand it ...)
>
> The modification has been done by Élie Roux, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard
> and Khaled Hosny.

This file is indeed loaded instead of the original etex.src when
building a format. And there's an \addlanguage macro defined in it. So,
I was wrong, and Taco's question must be answered positively.

Now Élie, Manuel or Khaled, or all of them in chorus, should tell the
world: how do you use \addlanguage?

Best,
Paul