[luatex] [luaotfload & fontspec] trunk errors

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon May 24 05:25:15 CEST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:23:54AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
> >otf-names.lua file in there. Now it works beautifully, my fonts are
> >found (lualatex ate up almost 960 MB during the run btw :P).
>
> This is excessive (unless you are loading lots of CJK fonts), but it is
> not so easy to see why it happens without your input file.

It seems that the memory issue is related to the huge kerning tables in
the font (Arno Pro here), I removed the GPOS kern feature from one of
the fonts and the cached lua file dropped from 53M to 756K.

I think that Punk font with a huge kern feature might serve as a good
benchmarking test.

Regards,
 Khaled

--