[luatex] Cyrillic in \directlua0

shiva shavrin.ivan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 09:26:05 CEST 2010

>> In that case,
>>
>>   tex.print([[Здравствуй, Мир]])
>>
>> maybe works (as using [[]] strings stopslua from interpreting
>> backslash characters in the string as escape sequence starts).

So, it works:
--------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{luainputenc}
\usepackage{luatextra}
\input cyracc.def
\font\tencyr=wncyr10
\def\cyr{\tencyr\cyracc}
\def\T2A{}
\begin{document}
Здравствуй, Мир

\directlua0{
tex.print([[Здравствуй, Мир]])
}
\end{document}
--------------------

But as I rightly understand, it used very old method for cyrillic language.

> A possible solution (tested) is:
>
> \directlua{
>  \unexpanded{tex.print("Здравствуй, Мир")}
>  }

That works too.

> it would be best if Ivan told us what he's using LuaTeX for (new
> documents in Russian?  Other languages too?  Old documents too?)

So, i use pdfLaTeX with T2A  in fontenc and utf8 inputenc much for new
documents in russian and english (without any languages). But there
are some problems in this case, for example listings package works
uncorrectly with utf-8 coded source. Also, i am trying to use python
inside latex (for some automatisation), but i think, that use lua in
lualatex is better.