[luatex] Cyrillic in \directlua0

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Mar 27 18:09:42 CET 2010

Hi,

shiva a écrit :
> Patrick, your sample is work, but if I correctly understood, it's not
> "true way".

At this point, there is no "Right Way" (yet). There are two ways: one way for
Unicode fonts, another way for legacy-encoded fonts. The "rightest" of those
ways is to use an Unicode font, if you have a choice. The other way is merely a
hack to try supporting legacy fonts.

> 2010/3/27 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org>:
>>  Ivan, you shouldn't use fontenc at all with LuaTeX, it doesn't work.
>> Use luaotfload to load an OpenType font, and simply type in UTF-8.
>> luainputenc is useless in that case, since input is always in UTF-8.

I respectfully disagree here. fontenc works with EU2 for Unicode fonts. It also
works with legacy encodings if you load luainputenc. That is, it will work as
well (and as bad) as it does with pdfTeX. Said otherwise, it's a huge pain, but
if need to use a font for which no Unicode version is available, it's the only
solution right now.

Manuel.

PS : with the example given, since the font will be cm or lm, and lm exists in
Opentype, of course the best solution is to use the Opentype version using
luaotfload (or the development version of fontspec).