[luatex] problem with slnunicode's find

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:43:33 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Can any remaining discussion be moved to the lua list at
> lua at bazar2.conectiva.com.br please? There are no selene developers
> on the luatex list, and we are not going to patch the library either.

I disagree here (until discussion is meaningful).

The problem is  not a bug/feature of selene
but how we see unicode, utf8 , strings manipulation, octet stream etc.
from the point of view of typography .

I'm not surprise if someone says "OK, I undertand unicode.utf8.find,
but I think we need for our purposes
an unicode.utf8.findutf8 that does this & that " --- but maybe this
doesn't care selene developers at all, because it's a typography (and
TeX) issue.

So the first reaction is "Is it a bug ?"   and we must be able to
resolve this question as soon as possible .
Next "If no bug  do  we need something more ?" but here we can be more
relaxed --- I'm lazy.

To be honest, I expect more and more questions about these issue ---
we must be prepare to discuss and solve them .

--
luigi