[luatex] some bits of opentype math testing

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jul 26 18:29:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 04:35:03PM +0200, ulrik.vieth at arcor.de wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> following the feedback and answers already received,
> let me try to summarize the status of the reported issues.
>
> Regards, Ulrik

[...]

> Rendering issues (LuaLaTeX):
>
> - Asana-Math and Cambria-Math displaystyle integrals too small
>   -> known font bug, already patched in ConTeXt (font-pat.lua)
>   -> still open, to be fixed in luaotfload

If this is really a font bug, then we should ask Apostolos to fix Asana
Math, we can try to patch Cambria at run time, but the less font
patching the better we are.

> Rendering issues (ConTeXt and LuaLaTeX):
>
> - Asana-Math displaystyle delimiters appear in extensible version
>   -> open, unresolved, possibly also a font bug

I think it might be an engine issue, I recall having the same problem
with Neo Euler until I disable the extensible integrals (I think other
fonts have no extensible integrals so the issue is hidden).

[...]

> Font loading issues (LuaLaTeX):
>
> - cambria.ttc not found in fonts/opentype, only in fonts/truetype
>   -> known TL/Kpathsea issue -> deferred till next year
>
> Font loading issues (XeLaTeX):
>
> - Asana.otf vs. Asana.ttf mixed up in PDF generation
>   -> known XeTeX engine issue -> deferred till next year

I think those two issues should be directed to TeXLive team.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny