[luatex] Strange Ω character when using LuaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Jul 23 19:53:57 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:05:03AM -0600, Jason Stein wrote:
> I am a high school education and intermediate LaTeX user, and was intrigued
> with the possibility of using LuaTeX to help me create calendars. I
> successfully got my algorithm to work (it is attached), but for some reason I
> get an Ω character around my tikZ figures. I am using LuaTeX, Version
> beta-0.40.6-2009100310 (TeX Live 2009). Any thoughts?
>
> Jason T. Stein, B. Sc. (1998), B. Ed. (2002)

First, don't use luainputenc in new documents (luatex is utf-8 by
default, so it doesn't make sense anyway). Second, use locals in your
lua code to avoid conflicts (running your code with texlive-2010, your
"file" clashes with lualibs "file" modules causing luaotfload errors), it
is always good practice to limit the scope of your variables.

Tat being said, I get the omegas too (IIRC this is omega/luatex default
unknown character or something).

Regards,
 khaled

--