[luatex] On category code tables

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:42:42 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-11 07:21:41 +0930, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard
<mpg at elzevir.fr> said:

> Those two packages are currently incompatible, but Heiko and I plan to
> merge them soon, we just didn't have the time for now. (IMO, we're likely
>  to adopt Heiko's mechanism.)

Great.

> (By the way, can we hope to see it handled at the kernel level in a
> future l3kernel?)

My personal opinion is that this should be handled by the lualatex.ini
file, analogously to what happens with XeLaTeX's interchartoks class
allocations.

But if not, and people start/continue to use the expl3 syntax for
programming LuaLaTeX packages, then I think we could expect an l3luatex
module for expl3 turn up eventually. While the lualatex packages
provide the necessary features for now, however, I think it's sensible
to call them the "supported" way to do things.