[luatex] BOM

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:38:46 CEST 2009

> Indeed, after the preprocessing it's irrelevant, but then
> the catcode is irrelevant, too, because the BOM string of
> bytes may be discarded at that stage.
>
> The point is that , given a fixed encoding (utf-8) as in ref. manual,
U+FEFF is still ambiguous if not in intial position for BOM purpouse (as
stated in Unicode 5.0 standard),
and the ambiguity is about spacing ,ie  typography, ie
the area of concern of luatex, which is not a recode or iconv like program .

U+FEFF as "space" semantic is valid, but deprecated , and we must decide
what about it :
I have already express my opinion, I support Taco.

--
luigi