[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Mar 29 23:44:30 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 07:55:38AM +1100, وفا خلیقی wrote:
> same thing be done in luatex (does luatex provide any primitive similar to \
> XeTeXinterchartoks) or I should bewritting some lua codes for that?

In luaTeX you can override line breaking algorithm with lua code, this
is more sophisticated and I think can be used to implement Kashida or
more advanced Arabic justification. Please keep in mind that, Kashida
should not be inserted between all connectable letters (for example
Kasida in the middle of في is undesirable), and Kashida's point of
insertion should be prioritized with highest priority points applied
first and so one.

Regards,
 Khaled

--