[luatex] a bidi package for LaTeX in LuaTeX

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي ح Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي ح
Sun Mar 29 23:37:09 CEST 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:55:38 -0600, وفا خلیقی <vafakh9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jonathan used \XeTeXinterchartoks to implement Kashida.

That ugly, fake, and contrived Arabic-Farsi word, Kashida. I did some
research on the origins of this word... better to call it Tatweel. :-)

> The question is can
> the same thing be done in luatex (does luatex provide any primitive
> similar
> to \XeTeXinterchartoks) or I should bewritting some lua codes for that?*

We are working on a new way to do this in luatex, different from xetex or
omega. Stay tuned :-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies