[luatex] Luatex primitive names

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Mar 9 19:10:50 CET 2009

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
> First, there will be a new lua function tex.primitives(),
> [...]
> Second, there will be a new lua function called tex.enableprimitives(),
> which takes two arguments. The first argument is a prefix string, and
> the second an array of names.

I like this solution very much, I only have a few remarks about the name. I
think it would be best to either rename tex.primitives() as tex.newprimitives()
(or anything that makes clear that the tex82 primitives are returned) or make it
return all primitives by default, and subsets only if arguments are given.

Also, calling

tex.primitives('etex', 'pdftex')
tex.primitives('etex', 'omega')
-- but
tex.primitives('luatex')

sounds rather unintuitive to me.

Anyway, that's very minor points, and the overall idea is great.

Manuel.