[luatex] using (pdf)lualatex

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 2 10:42:09 CET 2009

Yue Wang wrote:

> Well, I have been suggesting this problem to Hans and Taco several
> times during the last year. In ConTeXt this problem can be split into
> two since ConTeXt use the font cache mechanism (it can dump the
> metrics table from the font and store it as a lua table into the disk)

Calculating boundingboxes implies interpreting the actual curves,
and that eats up lots of memory. I'll see if I can create a shortcut
somewhere. If I don't have to calculate boxes afterward, then there
is no need to interpret and save the curves, and the resulting memory
footprint should be much lower.

Best wishes,
Taco