[luatex] Luatex 0.47.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Dec 18 11:02:54 CET 2009
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.47.0.
This will be the last beta before the next major release (0.50),
so please test this version as thoroughly as you can.
* New read-write lua variables pdf.pdfcatalog, pdf.pdfnames,
* The horizontal mode nodes that are added to lines during line
breaking now inherit the attributes from the first and last node
inside the created line.
* The new function pdf.registerannot(<number>) registers an
annotation object number to be included in the current
page's /Annots list.
* The variables <metrics>.Mathconstants.FractionDelimiterSize
are added to the font table. This allows proper setting of the
size parameters for TeX's ...withdelims math primitives.
* The internal representation of the string pool is reorganized
(the pool of string characters is now allocated dynamically),
and as a side-effect the lua variable status.init_pool_ptr
is deprecated and will be removed in a later version. Also,
status.pool_ptr now simply returns the current number of bytes
in use for string characters.
* There are new lua variables pdf.pdfmapline and pdf.pdfmapfile
(write-only strings that mimic \pdfmapline and \pdfmapfile).
* \pdfobj data and attribute are now stored as C strings instead
of as token lists (this should speed up cases with a lot of data).
* Artificially slanted fonts now work via the pdf text matrix
(instead of adjusting the actual font) so that it now also
works for non-Type1 fonts. The lua <metrics>.slant font key is
now obeyed in all cases.
* The lua function font.id(<string>) returns the internal font id
number belonging to a control sequence name.
* Pdf image inclusion is optimized such that objects from an
external pdf will now be included only once even if they are
referenced from multiple inclusions.
* Protrusion for non-TLT documents did not work properly for
the hyphenation character.
* \lastbox could not remove the paragraph indent box for non-TLT
* Pdf images (\pdfximage) are no longer kept open during the
whole run, but closed and reopened. An error is raised if
the file has changed between \pdfximage and \pdfrefximage.
This prevents the 'too many open files' error when lots of
images are included.
* On Win32 Pdf image files are locked during the time that it is
open, to prevent unnoticed file changes by external sources.
* Compilation now again works on FreeBSD.
* Format sharing between 32-bit and 64-bit architectures was
* Unsetting attributes from lua could sometimes result in
the unset state persisting beyond the current group level.
* If something went wrong in the scanning of pdf action items,
the error message reported the current primitive name
* Luatex would crash on non-existant pdfs that were referenced
from map file entries.
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.47.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the luatex