[luatex] otf fonts (ligatures, cache, etc.)

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:15:32 CEST 2009

> I got this error when trying to load a "normal" TeX font (through
> the tfm). I mentioned it yesterday on the context list and Hans sent
> me some code. But I haven't had time to test it yet. I will do it
> today, and if it work Hans will probably add it to the beta.

Also Hans sent me a a .lua file but still I get an error and that is

 (/home/vafa/texmf/tex/luabidi/luabidi.sty) <luatex-fonts.lua loaded in
0.021 se

conds> ) (test.aux)

! Font \OT1/cmr/m/n/17.28=cmr17 at 17.28pt not loadable: metric data not
found

or bad.

<to be read again>

relax

l.10 \section{مقدمه}

 ?

I am also look for a guide or a test-document but I think we should find
some useful hints in MKIV reference.

> Btw: I think it would be good if a possible LaTeX package uses the
> same user command names then fontspec for xelatex. It would make
> switching between the engines easier.

Yes, Indeed.