[lltx] luaotfload requires lowercase filenames, MikTex 2.9 Windows 10

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Apr 21 11:11:52 CEST 2016

Am Wed, 20 Apr 2016 10:17:05 -0700 schrieb Robert Allgeyer:

> Hi -
>
> Using MikTeX Portable 2.9 on Windows 10. Compiling with LuaLaTeX. This may
> well be platform-specific.

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{luaotfload}
> \begin{document}
> {\font\x="[Cinzel-Regular.otf]" at 10pt\x This is Cinzel Regular.}
> \end{document}
>
> The above code FAILS. However, if I change
> from
> "[Cinzel-Regular.otf]"
> "[cinzel-regular.otf]"
> then it WORKS. The only change is font fle name to lowercase. The actual
> file does have some uppercase in its name, but I did not need to change the
> font's own file name.

On my miktex (and window 7) "[Cinzel-Regular.otf]" works but
"[cinzel-regular.otf]" fails.

In the texlive 2016 pretest, both works.

You could try the miktex beta if the problem still persists:

http://www.miktex.org/announcement/miktex-next-5900

(I haven't had the time yet to try it out.)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/