[lltx] luamplib + lualatex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jul 25 22:35:42 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-25 at 16:02:21 +0900, Dohyun Kim wrote:

 > Currently, I have no idea about how to inherit the variables of
 > previous environment.
 > So what I can do for now is to allow optional argument to mplibcode,
 > which I have pushed just now.
 >     \begin{mplibcode}[nopreamble]
 >     \end{mplibcode}
 >
 > I'm afraid this is not that much useful to you.

I'm wondering why you want to inherit anything from a previous
environment.  Suppose you do so and different environments are in
different files and you change the order of \include{} or \input
calls.  The meaning of "previous" will change then too.

Isn't it better to define a global variable instead (before
\begin{document})?

If the optional argument supports key-value pairs as well, you can
support more than one global variable in the preamble and allow users
to overwrite the defaults in particular environments, regardless of the
order.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25