[lltx] Fwd: LuaLaTeX for TeXLive 2013

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Apr 13 16:55:12 CEST 2013

On 13/04/2013 01:16, Karl Berry wrote:
>> TEXMFCACHE could be added to texmf.cnf (TEXMFCACHE=$TEXMFVAR).
>
> In general, having another variable name/tree in texmf.cnf does not
> make me happy, but if it's the right thing to do, fine.  Can someone
> please describe its purpose (as distinct from the other trees) in a
> couple of sentences so I can put it into the documentation?

Maybe there is a similarity with FC_CACHEDIR? I have to say I don't know
how it's used by XeTeX or ConTeXt.

Anyway, TEXMFCACHE would be the place to look for cached file, currently
only fonts.

On 13/04/2013 01:48, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Yes, ConTeXt uses it for filename database, font cache, ..., see
> texmfcnf.lua, but only for luatex, and the value for latex
> could/should be the same anyway. (Doesn't lualatex use
> texmfcnf.lua?)

LuaLaTeX doesn't use texmfcnf.lua, currently it doesn't need it and it
seems really ConTeXt-specific (as written in the file). But maybe
TEXMFCACHE could belong here?... how does the kpse library handle
texmfcnf.lua?

Maybe we're not yet ready to add TEXMFCACHE, a temporary solution would
be to fix the loader for it to look in the current directory...

What do you think?

Also, I was wondering if it was a good idea to change

TEXINPUTS.lualatex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{lualatex,latex,luatex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.dvilualatex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{lualatex,latex,luatex,generic,}//

for

TEXINPUTS.lualatex =
.;$TEXMF/tex/{lualatex,lamed,lambda,latex,luatex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.dvilualatex =
.;$TEXMF/tex/{lualatex,lamed,lambda,latex,luatex,generic,}//

?

Thank you,
--
Elie