[lltx] LuaLaTeX and the unicode-math package

Andrea del Monaco and.delmonaco at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:30:27 CEST 2012

> \DeclareMathAlphabet is broken with unicode-math package, depending on
> how your fonts for the new alphabet are setup, it might be possible to
> do it with some low level trickery.

such as...?
I was thinking something like
\newcommand\mathbbbf{\text{\fontspec[some options]{some font} #1}}
Do you have something else in your mind?

> 2) modifying some ranges (for example I just want to use XTIS Math's latin
> > alphabet but with Asana Math's greek alphabet).
> > I can't do that using only the declaration
> > \setmathfont[range=greek]{Asana-Math.otf}
> > because otherwise it will take so much time...
>
> There is no such option, you have to list all alphabets manually:
>
>  range={\mathup/{greek,Greek}, \mathit/{greek,Greek}}

I'm not been able to find such an explanation in the package documentation
of unicode-math...
And what about unicode codes?
Should [range=1D501], [range=1D501-1D52C] will work? Or do I have to
specify something as before?
Because the second case causes the same problems as the previous
range=greek.

I don't understand the question, can you elaborate on what you want to
> do? If you are looking for the equivalent of \char in math mode, it is
> \Umathchar.

And how \Umathchar works?
It takes three argumentes, right?
The first one is the type of math symbol, the latter is the unicode of the
glyph, and the second one is (according to the XeTeX reference guide) "is a
number (0–255) representing font to use in maths".
Now: what does it means the last statement?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
anddm