[lltx] luaotfload and virtual lua-fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 10 17:58:01 CET 2011

The newest font loader code of context contains code to load a
virtual font whose definition is stored in a lua file.

The code exist also in the luaotfload version from the unstable
branch. So with the unstable version this here works fine:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{lipsum}
\usepackage{luaotfload}

\font\mine=luatex-fonts-demo-vf-1-cur.lua at 12pt

\begin{document}
\mine
abc \lipsum
\end{document}

(luatex-fonts-demo-vf-1-cur.lua is a variant of
luatex-fonts-demo-vf-1.lua which can be found in the context
minimal. I only changed the names of the fonts used by the example)

My concern is about the location of this "virtual lua-fonts".
Currently one has to store the lua-files in folders in the normal
lua-search pathes, e.g. in tex\latex\... But I would find it more
cleaner if one could store them in a path in "fonts", e.g.
fonts/vflua. Is this somehow possible?

--
Ulrike Fischer