[lltx] Pending luaotfload issue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 3 15:23:05 CET 2011

Am Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:25:00 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 01:52:59PM +0100, Elie Roux wrote:
>>>Some of the changes should be reported to
>>>Hans (of general interest) but I didn't get around doing this, but was
>>>planning to do that in the next few weeks.
>> Ok, please let us know when you'll have it done (or if you cannot).
> I managed to get the unstable branch up to date and pushed it, this
> commit should summarise our changes to context files:
> https://github.com/khaledhosny/luaotfload/commit/0cc11c367790d57add52c09d8c8812f8858f47ba
> It is not working on my machine though, no time to get a recent luatex
> binary.

Two week ago I tried to use the newest context files with luaotfload
and found the following problems. I'm not sure if you saw my message
about them on the context list, so I repeat them here:

* register_base_substitution has been renamed to
registerbasesubstitution (used in luaotfload.lua line 137)

* fonts.define seems to be named fonts.definers now (luaotfload.lua
line 87)

* Instead of logs.report the context files use now report_prepare
(with a different syntax) which is perhaps the source of the error
I'm getting now:

J:/MiKTeX2.9/tex/luatex/luaotfload/otfl-luat-ovr.lua:19: bad arg
ument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil).

Ulrike Fischer 

More information about the lualatex-dev mailing list