[lltx] issue with unicode-math, spanish and LuaLaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 12 16:39:24 CEST 2011

On 07/12/2011 04:33 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 07/12/2011 04:22 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>
>> With xetex I can at least use
>>
>> \XeTeXmathcharnumdef\test=\XeTeXmathcodenum`\x
>>
>> but none of the various combination of \Umathchardef + \Umathcode
>> etc seems to work in luatex.
>
> NYI, see:

Actually, that does not mean I think it is a good idea. The
conceptual problem is that \XeTeXmathcodenum (and therefore
also \Umathcodenum) can return a signed int to represent an
unsigned value, with is pretty horrible.

Why is it so important to be able to do a mathcharnumdef
(instead of a macro definition or straight \Umathchardef?)