[lltx] Problem with slanted fonts

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Sep 20 15:24:44 CEST 2010

On 09/20/2010 03:07 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> But what is with context? How is it handled there? Does it allow
> spaces in font names?

Yes: it accepts both "name:Lucida Sans" and "name:lucidasans"
as user input (as well as a file: equivalent)

> If yes does the equivalent of
>
> \font\testa="name:Lucida Sans" \testa
> abc \font\test=\fontname\font\space at 15pt \test abc
>
> break or does context have some correction code?

It succeeds, because internally context uses the 'file:' approach
in all cases. Since file: is the default, it is not even reported by
\fontname, which would be 'lbr' in this case (assuming Y&Y/TUG names).

I assume context would fail on filenames with spaces in them, but
otoh Hans probably disallows those right from the start.