[lltx] Problem with slanted fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Sep 20 15:07:46 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:51:52 +0300 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>>>So at my opinion luaoftload or whoever is responsable for the syntax
>>>of \fontname should be adapted.

>> That would be me (i.e. luatex itself). I can output a brace group
>> is that is preferred, but I cannot oversee whether that would not
>> add even more confusion on the luaotfload side.

> I think we can go with quoting the name at luaotfload side for now, we
> don't know what side effects this grouping would have on
> luaotfload/ConTeXt.

I would prefer a solution on the luatex level. After all \fontname
is a primitive and it should give back "the correct value". It
shouldn't be the duty of packages to code around problems. Also the
luatex manual says that font name can have braces around them.

But naturally if both luaoftload and luatex put braces around the
output of \fontname things will break ;-)

But what is with context? How is it handled there? Does it allow
spaces in font names? If yes does the equivalent of

\font\testa="name:Lucida Sans" \testa
abc \font\test=\fontname\font\space at 15pt \test abc

break or does context have some correction code?

--
Ulrike Fischer