[lltx] OSFONTDIR on OSX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Sep 16 18:01:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

I know that there has been a lot of discussion on mkluatexfontdb and OSFONTDIR, and I tried to read through it, but somehow I still don't get it (or maybe it doesn't work). I'm running TL2010 on OSX 10.6.4. From what I understand, LuaLaTeX should by default look in the standard places of the system for fonts and in the personal tree. This works so far.

Now if I want to add other locations, I have to set the OSFONTDIR variable. So I went and did the following in the terminal:
export OSFONTDIR="/Users/simi/FontExplorer X"/

The result was: zero. Although "kpsewhich -expand-path='$OSFONTDIR'" gives me the correct path, fonts in this directory will not be found. If I copy the font in my personal tree, it gets found.

TIA

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!“ Homer Simpson