[lltx] [luatexbase] Change in the behaviour of \newluatexattribute ?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun May 23 14:35:27 CEST 2010

Le 21/05/2010 15:17, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> Le 21/05/2010 14:56, Elie Roux a écrit :
>> IIRC, ConTeXt doesn't really care about the 127-255 range, whereas it
>> really cares about using the attribute 0, that's why I made the first
>> attribute 1 in luatextra...
>
> You should have commented that, I thought it was a mistake (it's to easy to get
> mixed up with such things).

Ok, I just checked with a version of luatextra from just before the split. The
first attribute allocated is \attribute2. Was that on purpose?

Anyway, I just changed the allocation code to start from 1 for attributes, and
documented the reason.

Also, I checked catcodetables: they also used to be allocated from 2 with
luatextra, and now start from one (\catcodetable0 is the default catcodetable
loaded an initex time). I don't expect it to have any impact, but since
experience proves unexpected things do happen, now you're informed :-)

Manuel.