[lltx] Can luatex auto-run mkluatexfontdb ?

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed May 19 10:06:39 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> I agree with Khaled. If al we need is the list of directories, then
> reading the
> configuration file sounds like a good option.

Ok... let's go then... well... this solves the problem in linux where
the file is at a standard place (/etc/fonts/fonts.conf)... at least I
hope all distributions put it here. Do anyone have a different file?
That's part of the problem that may appear later: if a distribution
changes this file, its location, its format, etc. we will have to have a
huge amount of patches... where the call to fc-list is standard thanks
to the path variable which is supposed to be set accordingly. There is
absolutely no guaranty that it will stay in the same format across the
versions, whereas we can expect some sort of backward compatibility in
fc-list.

Anyway, how should we proceed under windows? Should we scan only
C:\WINNT\Fonts?

> While it is generally a bad idea to try parsing XML using regexes, I think it
> would be possible to retrieve the information in this particular case using
> regexes rather than a full-fledge XML parser.

The fonts.conf I have is extremely simple to parse... could everyone
send me his fonts.conf so that I can see if there are some differences?

Thank you,
--
Elie