[lltx] Can luatex auto-run mkluatexfontdb ?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed May 19 00:36:54 CEST 2010

Le 19/05/2010 00:33, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:19:25AM +0300, Elie Roux wrote:
>> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>>> Another option is to find Apple font configuration files (which are
>>> likely to be some sort of XML) and try to parse it directly, and the
>>> same for FC, but we still need an XML library (but this can be easier
>>> since context has one ;).
>>
>> Am I the only one finding this extremely ugly?
>
> Because running a command line tool and then parsing its non-standard
> output (non-standard in the way that it was never meant to be machine
> readable and can change without prior notice) is much more uglier, but
> reading a configuration file is not.

I agree with Khaled. If al we need is the list of directories, then reading the
configuration file sounds like a good option.

>>                                                Anyway, while we are
>> in ugliness, I don't really see why we need some sort of xml library
>> to parse the configuration files, some regexp will do the trick very
>> easily (for the fonts.conf of fc at least).
>
> Because I neither know XML nor regular expressions (unless very
> superficial knowledge is counted.)

While it is generally a bad idea to try parsing XML using regexes, I think it
would be possible to retrieve the information in this particular case using
regexes rather than a full-fledge XML parser.

Manuel.