[lltx] behaviour of luaotfload

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 18 17:18:32 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> This means the pdf backend can't find the font we passed to it,

That was my guess...

>  this
> used to happen with outdated names database, i.e. we are passing to it a
> font that doesn't exist or can't be found by kpse. May be you generated
> your database with OSFONTDIR set and then run luatex with it unset?
> This shouldn't be an issue actually, as luaotfload will update the
> database in such case.

No, everything is up-to-date, and, as you said, database is regenerated
in this case. This is what I really don't get, the specification really
looks OK...

> Well, the code is getting too hacky, I guess I need to set down rewrite
> it with all these issues in mind not as an afterthought

I'm not sure this bug is in luaotfload... I'm still testing the bug, but
it really looks strange...

> Instead of adding yet another hack, people should just use the already
> documented syntax for loading fonts by filename:
>
> \font\foo=file:foo.bar
>
> One already knows he is using a luaotfload specific feature when he
> trays load font files with extensions.

I can't say I totally agree, but I accept this... Loading font by file
seems the default for me, but that's certainly because I'm not totally
converted to fontspec...

Thank you,
--
Elie